Whilst I was developing in Flex Builder today I came across the following abstract build error messge:
An internal build error has occurred. Please check the Error Log
It seems like this is quite a common problem and I found a number of blog atricles referring to it. It seems that one gets this error due to the following reasons:
- Having an incompleted switch statement without any cases
- Missing a semi-colon after a variable declaration
- Listing a twice with different extensions in your mxml
- Declaring an import twice in an Actionscript file or embedded Actionscript in an mxml file
- If certain lines of code are commented out resulting in a trace statements being unreachable
However, the reason why I was getting the error was because I had mistakenly extended a class of itself…eg
public class myClass extends myClass
I found that soultion in a commet by Jules on Michael Imhoff’s blog.
I just had the same error (Uncaught exception in .log, java.lang.StackOverflowException). It appeared after I’d done some work with sed on my object model. Turned out one of the classes extended itself, ie class myClass extends myClass 🙂
Thanks dudes 🙂
One would think that the Flex compiler would have identified this and given a more dexcriptive error message?